Wanna know more about this week’s host, Stefany from Proceed With Caution?
1. When did you start baking?
My mom is famous in my family for baking chocolate chip cookies, and I’ve helped her with them as long as I can remember. I didn’t really start baking as a hobby on my own until about a year ago. Now, I bake every weekend, often in addition to the TWD recipe.
2. Do you have a favorite baking memory?
As I mentioned before, I helped my mom out a lot growing up. There was nothing better than sticking it out through greasing the pans (my least favorite task), breaking up the brown sugar clumps, struggling to stir more and more flour into the ever thickening batter… all for the chance to scrap the heck out of the bowl to eat the last bits of cookie dough (my mom excelled at using the most dough possible so there really was little left!).
3. Who is your TWD blog idol?
Tough one! I must admit I have a hard time getting to see other blogs (even with the google reader – trying to adjust my accounts to incorporate the list, I accidentally deleted all my subscriptions. So, I gave up on GR for a while and fell out of habit of checking blogs). I don’t think it’d be fair of me to name someone. So I’ll take the PC route and say everyone – I know how hard it is to bake every week, especially some of the more challenging and time consuming recipes. I commend everyone who hangs in there :-)
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Peanut Butter Torte. Despite probably gaining a few pounds from it (Hi, death in a springform pan!), anything that gives me an excuse to buy Oreo cookies is a winner in my book. My husband loved it, too, and it’s tough to even get him to try most of these recipes. But the PBT? He ate a quarter of the pan while I was away a few days for business. :-)
5. What recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
Chocolate soufflé. Why? It’s a challenge. I barely even know what a soufflé is, but I want to take a crack at making one. Someday!
6. What 2 questions would you ask Dorie if you ever met her?
How on earth are you not 500 pounds, and just how much stock do you own in Land O’ Lakes butter?
7. Share one food item that best describes the last year of your life. (example: “frozen pizza” because I did a 180-degree turn this year, or “cinnamon roll” because it had lots of twists and turns but overall was pretty sweet)
A slow rising yeast bread. I’ve been fortunate enough to have a great, stress-free job with a 4 day work week. I wait all week just to get to my 3 day weekend and bake! I love it.
9. What’s your favorite band or CD of all time?
Oh, that’s impossible! I have a deep love for music and will listen to just about any genre out there. But, I do have two soft spots – Bon Jovi and Tim McGraw.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I love to travel, but not for extended periods of time. I’m too much a creature of habit to think about living somewhere else for a year. Unfortunately for me, I sort of have to – my husband is in the military. So, where would I go? Back where I came from – Boston.
11. Complete the statement “I recommend.” (it can be a show, movie, book, restaurant, website, activity, etc.)
…getting the courage to do something you are afraid to do. I may never go skydiving again, but at least it’s not because I’m afraid of something unknown.
13. What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
To fly! I’ve just always wanted to. Teleportation would be more useful, but really, I just want to fly. (Reading this back… I guess I got as close as I’ll come to it when I went skydiving. That part – the free fall – I assure you, was awesome!)
14. If you had 1 hour of free time, no distractions, what would you do?
Probably try to do too many things at once, and not complete any of them. My to-do list is too long for just an hour.
15. What is the meal and dessert you would choose as your very last?
The meal I couldn’t care less about. Dessert? Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Lots!
16. What is the “strangest” food you ever ate?
I’m not that adventurous. Chicken liver. My husband loves the stuff.
19. Have you ever met a famous person? who?
I have not had the pleasure.
20. What’s your favorite spice?
21. Do you speak another language? (If yes, say something and translate)
Hablaba español, pero ahora, cuando lo necesito para hablar con los parientes de mi esposo, no lo puedo recordar.
I used to speak Spanish, but now, when I need it to speak to my husband’s relatives, I can’t remember it.
22. Do you have any pets? (List what kind of pet, names etc)
No. But I desperately want birds. A cockatiel, perhaps?
23. Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
Lately, neither. I used to think I was a night person, but now that I get up at 5am work, I am forced to be a morning person. (I don’t drink coffee).
24. What was the last book you read?
I don’t remember! I am not much of a reader (oops!). Probably a textbook of some sort.