It’s my turn! Heck yeah!!
Holla to my TWD baking homies and homegirls! Stop by my blog anytime to say Hi :)
1. When did you start baking?
I would lick the beaters after my mom was done mixing cake batter when I was a little girl. Does that count? LOL. But I would say that I really started seriously testing my baking skills about 15 months ago. After I got married July 07, the whole domestication gene kicked in and I wanted to learn to cook, bake, sew etc.
Spooktacular Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes
2. Do you have a favorite baking memory?
The first thing that came to mind was baking Apple Cheddar Scones with fellow TWD baker, Nikki, when I was in her neck of the woods this past summer. Its 2x the fun to bake with a friend esp when we can get our husbands involved.
T getting flour slapped by me. Disclaimer: No husbands were hurt during the baking of this recipe.
3. Who is your TWD blog idol?
Obviously Dorie *is* TWD so definitely her. I also can’t forget Laurie who spends hours of her free time to keep us organized and deal with all the administrative stuff that comes with running a 300+ member group. And last but not least to all TWD bakers that bake religiously every week. I know it takes time and dedication and I am in awe of those bakers that have never missed a week!
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
I have a few favorites: Lemon cream tart, galette and creme brulee but I’d have to say that the creme brulee wins as the favorite, a little above the rest, right now.
Extraordinary Lemon Cream Tart-lette
5. What recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The white chocolate brownies on page 110. I kept going back and forth on that or the chocolate cupcakes. Finally I was
forced persuaded to make the cupcakes. Please someone pick the brownies soon. I’ll be your best friend…
6. What 2 questions would you ask Dorie if you ever met her?
(1) Can I have your autograph?
(2) Can you donate an all expense paid trip to the “CB goes to Paris” fund so I can bake with you?
Strawberry Cherry Galette
7. Share one food item that best describes the last year of your life. (example: “frozen pizza” because I did a 180-degree turn this year, or “cinnamon roll” because it had lots of twists and turns but overall was pretty sweet)
All purpose flour – Mostly smooth with a couple lumps
8. What one item in the kitchen best describes you and your personality?
creme brulee torch – I am usually pretty mellow but I do have a fire-y side if you push the right button.
9. What’s your favorite band or CD of all time?
I am gonna get so much flack for this but I am a teeny bopper at heart. I like all the popular music: Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Madonna, Kanye West, Cold Play, Pussycat Dolls, Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, Fergie… My husband is slowly turning me onto Depeche Mode and Bjork too.
Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
10. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Vietnam. My parents are originally from Vietnam and I took a 21 day tour 2 summers ago and loved it. I am hoping to move there for a few years so I can learn the language.
11. Complete the statement “I recommend…” (it can be a show, movie, book, restaurant, website, activity, etc.)
I recommend “trash[ing] your dress” after you get married. I did mine 2 days after my wedding (Yes, thats my actual bouquet in my hands!) and my hubs and I had an amazing time! We splashed around in the sand and water for 2 hours with our photographer. Let’s face it. Weddings are stressful! I love these pictures b/c we look happy, in love AND stress free. I know alot of ppl will gasp when they think about my dress getting dirty but its just sand and water. Nothing my dry cleaner couldn’t handle. It looks even cleaner than the day I bought it. Don’t knock it til you try it! I have no regrets and pictures that will last me forever.
(image credit: OC Register)
12. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what dream would you attempt?
- travel around the world in 80 days
- write and publish a book
- open up a coffee shop/bookstore combo
13. What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
Its not really a super power but I’ve always wanted to have a photographic memory. I’d never get lost (or lose things) again!
14. If you had 1 hour of free time, no distractions, what would you do?
Get a manicure, pedicure and massage
15. What is the meal and dessert you would choose as your very last?
I would eat as much as humanly possible to delay the impending execution. Makes sense right? LOL
Pizza, cheesecake, pad thai, pho (vietnamese noodle soup), garlic bread, shrimp scampi, cheeseburger, fried zucchini, french fries, vanilla vanilla cupcake, steak, fish tacos, caesar salad, white chocolate & macademia cookies, vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate covered strawberries, quesadilla, creme brulee, king-size snickers bar…
16. What is the “strangest” food you ever ate?
Bull testicles. It tastes like chicken nuggets. But now that I know they are bull testicles I can’t eat them again. Well… could you? HAHA
Caramel Peanut Topped Brownie Cake
17. What are three adjectives that describe you?
18. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My smile. My husband says he fell in love with my smile. ::uber cheesy::
19. Have you ever met a famous person? who?
Jaleel White (aka Urkel)
Vanilla Bean Cream Puffs
20. What’s your favorite spice?
Is vanilla bean considered a spice? If not, then cinnamon.
21. Do you speak another language? (If yes, say something and translate)
Je peux lire et écrire le français, bien que je sois sûr que je fais beaucoup d’erreurs et je peux comprendre le Vietnamien si vous parlez vraiment lentement.
(I can read and write french, although I am sure I make alot of errors and I can understand Vietnamese if you speak really slowly.)
Feel free to correct my french Vibi, LyB and/or Isabelle. HAHA
22. Do you have any pets? (List what kind of pet, names etc)
Yes, 2 bunnies! OpieBun is a 6 year old french lop and Snickerdoodle is a 7 year old mini rex. I hope to adopt a doggy someday.
23. Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
Morning no doubt. I have an internal alarm clock that goes off around 6am every morning. Sleeping in is usually until 8am.
24. What was the last book you read?
Do cookbooks count? If not, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. LOVED IT. I tried to read The Host but I just couldn’t get into it. Go figure!
25. “2 Truths And a Lie” – Share 3 unique things about yourself and your life, 2 of them true, 1 false, and let the group guess which one isn’t true.
(1) I like black licorice but I do not like red licorice. FALSE
(2) I have 2 piercings in each ear and 2 tattoos. TRUE
(3) I write in all CAPS. TRUE