This week we’re getting to meet Anne of Anne Strawberry. Anne’s blog is beautiful, and her photos are absolutely delicious. She’s a devoted and loyal Dorie-ite, participating in almost every weekly challenge. Anne has been with Tuesdays With Dorie since March.
She has numerous award badges adorning her sidebar. But, there’s one thing that Anne is known for. All you have to do is open her blog, and the juiciest and ripest red strawberries jump out at you on her home page! Anne loves strawberries so much, that she named her blog, Anne Strawberry!
Anne’s recipe of choice was the amazing Tall & Creamy Cheesecake, and it came just in time for the holidays! Everyone agreed that it was a big hit. Thanks Anne! Let’s all take some time this week to peek at Anne Strawberry’s blog and see if you don’t drool too! Oh, and Anne? Never “Forget Paris”! What a cute couple!
1.When did you start baking?
I remember baking cookies with my mom when I was probably seven or eight. She always tried to include us in meal prep to help teach my brother and I “important life skills”. I still love to cook with her.
2. Do you have a favorite baking memory?
My best friend lived with me one year in high school and we made a lot of late night batches of cookies (emotional baking starts young, I guess?!) I love cooking with friends.
3. Who is your TWD blog idol?
Peabody! :) Her choice was the first I made when I joined TWD and I stop by all the time now.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Brioche Raisin Snails, Dimply Plum Cake, French Almond Tart, and the Strawberry Tart of course!
5. What recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The cover cake- I’m glad it was chosen finally!
6. What 2 questions would you ask Dorie if you ever met her?
What is your favorite kind of cookie? What’s your very favorite thing to bake?
7. Share one food item that best describes the last year of your life. (example: “frozen pizza” because I did a 180-degree turn this year, or “cinnamon roll” because it had lots of twists and turns but overall was pretty sweet)
Maybe a complicated layer cake- lots of prep, steps, and time, and a great result. (My husband took and passed the bar, we looked for houses, bought one, remodeled it, and are finally in it and living the life!)
8. What one item in the kitchen best describes you and your personality?
My French Chef Knife- It’s sharp, multitasking, and efficient.
9. What’s your favorite band or CD of all time?
U2, the Joshua Tree. I also love anything by Coldplay.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Paris! I studied abroad there one summer in college and went back briefly last fall on a layover. I’d love to experience all the seasons and really feel like a resident of that beautiful city again.
11. Complete the statement “I recommend…” (it can be a show, movie, book, restaurant, website, activity, etc.)
Weekly date night.
12.If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what dream would you attempt?
I’d love to be a pediatric nurse practitioner. I love staying home with my little guy, and hope to go back to school again after he’s a older.
13. What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
I’ve always wanted to fly. I dream about that often and think most people do!
14. If you had 1 hour of free time, no distractions, what would you do?
Go shopping without a stroller!
15. What is the meal and dessert you would choose as your very last?
Lasagna has been my favorite food since I was little- I used to have that for my birthday every year and we would put matches in it for the candles since I’ve never loved cake. I’d need some strawberries on the side, as well!
16. What is the “strangest” food you ever ate?
17. What are three adjectives that describe you?
My husband reports, “Mischievous, talented, generous.” He’s the same.
18. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I’m good with kids.
19. Have you ever met a famous person? who?
Before the new security regulations, when I was about 15, I was having a hard time loading an enormous bag in an overhead compartment on a plane and a nice guy came and put his arms around me and hefted it up. It was Steve Young! Ironically enough, my mom has met him too at Sports Authority. My Dad has met tons of famous people, though- Muhammad Ali, Hugh Downs, Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire, Michelle Pfieffer, and more (even Mr. Porsche- yep, from the car company!).
20. What’s your favorite spice?
Cinnamon. I love black pepper, too.
21. Do you speak another language? (If yes, say something and translate)
I took a few years of French, but I only remember a little now! The most French I use now is to tell my husband “Je t’aime!”
22. Do you have any pets? (List what kind of pet, names etc)
I have one dog named Sam. He’s a schoodle- schnauzer poodle and the best floor sweeper while I’m cooking!
23. Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
Either, as long as I get into a routine and grab enough sleep (but with a little guy, I’m a morning person now!)
24. What was the last book you read?
Pride and Prejudice. For some reason I’d never read it- I thought it was so long and never got to it. It was wonderful and I can’t wait to read Emma now!
25. “2 Truths And a Lie” – Share 3 unique things about yourself and your
life, 2 of them true, 1 false, and let the group guess which one isn’t true.
1. I won a “Tall” scholarship in high school.
2. I love Chinese food.
3. I love cars and have driven almost every kind- Porsche, BMW, Bentley, Audi, Ferrari, Jaguar, you name it.