This week’s host is Carla of Chocolate Moosey.
She says in her bio, “I am a recent college graduate with a B.S. in multimedia. My cookbook collection has over 200 cookbooks and magazines plus numerous binders full of recipes and is still growing.”
Carla selected Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart for this week’s TWD post.
Let’s all get to know a bit a bout her and then head over to Chocolate Moosey and show her some TWD love!
1. When did you start baking?
Probably when I was 14 or 15 in home economics class. My parents never baked, and I didn’t grow up with grandparents, so I learned through school.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A vet or a zoo keeper
3. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
World Peace Cookies
4. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
Probably the black and white banana loaf back in August 2008
5. What recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The chocolate-crunched caramel tart, which is why I picked it haha
6. What one item in the kitchen could you never live without?
My hand mixer. Seriously, I tried making cupcakes with an old hand-crank one because my roommate had the mixer. Not fun.
7. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Shy, over-achieving, hungry
8. What super-power would you most like to have, and why?
Instant teleportation so I don’t waste time getting to places.
9. If you had a day to yourself, no distractions, what would you do?
Bake, watch tv, bake some more, actually make it to a zumba class because it’s been a long time.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I lived in Ireland for four months, which was awesome! I miss it so much, but this time around, I would probably pick Italy.
11. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
A bakery named Chocolate Moosey
12. What is the meal and dessert you would choose as your very last?
This spinach and Portobello mushroom salad with capers and feta cheese I had from a brewery at school with pub pretzels and good beer. As for dessert, probably tiramisu.
13. What is the “strangest” food you ever ate?
I ate a kangaroo burger at an Australian bar while visiting Glasgow, Scotland.
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Even though it’s not really a spice, I use garlic in almost everything. If I had to pick a true spice, black pepper.
15. Offer up one random, little known factoid about yourself.
Even though I have been baking for the past 8 years, I finally bought cooling racks last week. A few months before that, I finally bought a whisk.
Note: I, (Jeannette @ The Whimsical Cupcake) will be heading the Q&A portion of TWD every week. IF YOU ARE AN OCTOBER HOST: please send me your email addresses if you have NOT received an email from me. Without your answers, I can’t post the nifty facts about you ;) That is all.