What the heck? I post-published this OSI b/c I knew I’d be gone all day yesterday but it didn’t work! So I blame WP for my tardiness. It definitely wasn’t user error. No sirree…
Sorry Ulrike from Küchenlatein! Great sugar cookie pick this week. Definitely one of my favorites!
1.When did you start baking?
I helped my grandma in the kitchen before I went to school, I got really inspired after a cooking course, I made as a teenager.
2. Do you have a favorite baking memory?
My first Sachertorte. I read the recipe in “It can’t always be caviar: The fabulously daring adventures and exquisite cooking recipes of the involuntary secret agent Thomas Lieven” and baked it. I loved it.
3. Who is your TWD blog idol?
To tell the truth, I haven’t any
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
The Most Extraordinary French Lemon Cream Tartlets
6. What 2 questions would you ask Dorie if you ever met her?
I don’t think, that will ever happen. If so I think about than
7. What’s your favorite band or CD of all time?
It’s not a CD it’s a long-playing record: Cat Stevens Matthew and Son
8. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
9. Complete the statement “I recommend…” (it can be a show, movie, book, restaurant, website, activity, etc.)
Don’t worry, be happy!
10. If you had 1 hour of free time, no distractions, what would you do?
Leafing through cookbooks listening to “Matthew and Son”
11. What is the “strangest” food you ever ate?
Cod liver at 7 AM, there’s no strange food, only strange cultures.
12. What are three adjectives that describe you?
13. Have you ever met a famous person? who?
When I worked as a typist at RIAS Berlin (Radio in the American Sector) I met Harald Juhnke, a well-known German actor, comedian and entertainer.
14. What’s your favorite spice?
That varies. At the moment I adore Cubeb
15. Do you speak another language? (If yes, say something and translate)
Deutsch ist meine Muttersprache, je sais parler et comprendre un petit francais and of course a little English. German is my mother tongue, I speak and understand French and of course a little English.
16. Do you have any pets? (List what kind of pet, names etc)
Besides of ants, spiders and slugs none
17. Are you a ‘morning’ or ‘night’ person?
Before I became a mother I was a ‘night’, but my kids were early birds, so I changed to a morning person.
18. What was the last book you read?
Comfort Food von Kate Jacobs, from time to time I read books in English
25. “2 Truths And a Lie” – Share 3 unique things about yourself and your life, 2 of them true, 1 false, and let the group guess which one isn’t true.
(1) I began ironing in the early afternoon because of George Clooney
(2) I like Campari because of George Clooney
(3) I own a Nespresso Machine because of George Clooney