Today’s OSI is all about Shari of Whisk: a food blog.
Shari picked Floating Islands for us to make.
Shari always has fabulous pictures and commentary on the recipes.
Let’s get to know Shari just a bit more.
1. When did you start baking?
I’ve always been interested in baking, probably from my first bite of a chocolate chip cookie.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
I would hate to live without my KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
I have so many I enjoy checking out and wish I had more time to check them all out each week. I like to check out Steph from a whisk and a spoon. Her pictures are always perfect, and she’s a master baker with lots of tips and advice. As well, Gretchen from Canela & Comino bakes a lot from her kitchen in Peru and I like to see what she’s been up to each week. Jacque from Daisy Lane Cakes, Rebecca from Ezra Pound Cake and Susan from She’s Becoming DoughMessTic always make me chuckle. Vibi from La casserole carree has gorgeous photos and feels like a long lost friend. Kim from Scrumptious Photography has “scrumptious photography” each week! Cathy from The Tortefeasor is always fun to sit and read while drinking a latte. I could go on and on.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
The Lenox Almond Biscotti. I think I ate the whole batch by myself!
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
I’ve enjoyed making all of them.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
I’m looking forward to making the ones in the Pudding and Custards section. Any of the bread puddings or pots de crème sound delicious to me.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Either on a beach, Paris or New York.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
Winning the lottery. Seriously, I’d love to backpack around the world.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
To fly. I’d travel everywhere and anywhere whenever I want to.
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Go to a farmer’s market, take a photo walk, have lunch at a delicious bistro, come home and cook and bake with the ingredients I just bought and watch a good movie with a glass of wine.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Fois gras, frog’s legs and rabbit (and a cockroach when I was a toddler!)
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
Gas stove with convection oven.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Quiet, creative, passionate
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Writer. Teacher. Traveler. Happy.