Let’s celebrate this Irish Tuesday by doing an up-close-and-personal interview with Liliana of My Cookbook Addiction! Liliana lives in Quebec which is predominately French. However, it’s no secret that Liliana is all Italian living in a very French world! Combine the two, and you can only imagine the food that goes from the kitchen to the table in that house! You’ll see a lot of her heritage in her blog, which by the way not only focuses on amazing food, but beautiful photography as well!
Liliana chose the French Yogurt Cake with Marmalade Glaze for this weeks recipe. It looks so easy and delicious, you could almost lick the screen! And, what about the cookbook addiction Liliana? I think you need some serious therapy for that! Maybe another cookbook? So, let’s go give Liliana a shout out and help support her habit on My Cookbook Addiction!
1. When did you start baking?
I wish I could say that I learned how to bake at my mother’s side but as much as my mother loves desserts, she is not a baker. I remember baking my first cake using a cake mix when I was about 10 years old.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
My new red Kitchen Aid.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
That’s a tough question to answer as there are so many wonderful and interesting TWD blogs.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
I loved the Madeleines.
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
A Fig Cake for Fall
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Italy, of course.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
I would open a cooking school offering cooking tours to Italy.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
I would like to have the power to heal. It breaks my heart to see people suffering.
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Watch the Foodnetwork all day. I would probably be knitting at the same time.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Brains (yuk) – my mom prepared them like a frittata and tricked me into eating them.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
A Wolf cook top and built in oven.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
loyal, talkative (or as some people would say – rambling) and sincere
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It’s written in my high school year book that I probably would end up cooking pasta for a family of nine! What was I thinking? I am now cooking pasta for a family of four and am happy with that. Secretly, I wanted to be a writer.