Time to take a peek into Sihan’s world this week! Sihan’s blog, Befuddlement is an awesome spot to go and catch some great ideas about baking, laughing and living. She says she’s only been baking for 3 years. Come on now Sihan! Your baked goods look like you’ve been doing this for years, and your photos make us drool. You’re good, real good!
For her recipe this week at TWD, Sihan chose Dorie’s Blueberry Crumb Cake. Everyone seems to love her choice. She wasn’t too crazy about the results, but it looks great to all of us here on the other side of the screen licking your photos! So, let’s all give Sihan some TWD love and check out her blog, Befuddlement!
1. When did you start baking?
If my memory serves me correctly, I probably started baking about 3 years ago, in my first year of college. Just some simple recipes here and there, cookies, mix and bake cakes and such. My brother had to beg my mum to get an oven for me cause I didn’t dare to make the request to her personally. Till this day, I am thankful to my bro for being part of my journey with baking.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
my favourite kitchen tool.. hmph.. that’s a toughy. Probably my silicon spatula, I’m constanly yelling for it whenever its disappeared or gone into hiding in my bottomless drawer. haha.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
now, I don’t mean to show any favourtism or anything, but my favourite TWD blog of all time goes out to Michelle’s Flourchild! She’s such a generous soul and that shows thru her honest and down-to-earth entries.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
definitely Bill’s big carrot cake.. hmph.. oatmeal chocolate chip chunksters ( i was popping these till I had a major sore throat!) and the marshmallows.. wait.. did u say one?
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
*scratches head*. what’s a dud exactly?
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
dying? that would be an exaggeration. But if I had to pick one, it would be espresso cheesecake brownies. Has anyone chosen that yet? please do…
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Could I travel around the world instead? I mean if I had limitless funds then that wouldn’t be a problem. I’ve always had a dream of living life like a nomad.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
I would try to conquer the world.. haha..joking. probably make a fortune and retire in a castle with my beloved boyfriend or perhaps set up my own bakery!
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
time control! i think its definitely a cool power to have to be able to stop time and whoop your enemie’s ass or even to make things happen the way you want them too. Though it can be catastrophic in certain aspects. haha.
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I think it would be better if you said a day to myself and sans all the worries of the next day’s workload. If that is so, I would probably just go for a long run then visit a nice cafe to chill out with a cuppa cappuccino the rest of the afternoon while reading a fantastic novel. I’ve just finished Ruth Reichl’s ‘Garlic and Sapphires’; wonderful novel and definitely a recommended read for the rest of you TWD folks!
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
This cold crab appetiser in China that had a sort of glassy transparent flesh. It was revolting… kind of tasted like a fishy jello though.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
defintely a cuisineart supreme ice cream maker and an espresso machine with coffee maker. I’ve always wanted both! *rawr*
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Emotional, Crazy and Highly imaginative. My boy-friend can testify for these.
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
cinammon. Don’t think anyone else wants to hear me talk about its benefits again.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a geologist. that’s obviously a no go in a country like mine, with everything man-made and hardly any natural rock structures worth studying. What a drag.