Today’s OSI is all about Amy from Sing for your Supper.
Amy picked out today’s Banana Cream Pie, which is fabulous by the way.
Amy loves to sing and she loves her food. You can tell by her passion and her pictures.
Lets get to know her a bit more.
1. When did you start baking?
In the backyard when I was around 4 or 5. I made a mean mud-pie.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
Most definitely my red Kitchen Aid Mixer – I use it daily.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
I love Kim of Scrumptious Photography – her photos are always totally drool-inducing. Every single TWD blogger deserves a big pat on the back, though – kudos to us all! ;-)
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Before I joined, TWD made the Gooey Cakes – those are my absolute favorite. But if I had to pick one from during my time in the group, I’d have to go with the World Peace Cookies- I can’t get enough of the salty/sweet combo.
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
The Cherry Cobbler – I spent hours trying to pit my cherries with a chopstick and ended up with a soggy, less-than appetizing cobbler and bright red hands.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The Katherine Hepburn Brownies- I’m a big fan of hers and I love brownies, so I figure I can’t go wrong!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Salzburg or Vienna. I went in college and absolutely fell in love – plus, that’s where Mozart was born/lived/composed; it would be absolutely amazing to walk the same streets daily that Mozart walked. I’m a huge geek.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
Maybe open a bakery or start my own opera company? Or maybe have kids…but only if money were no option. ;-)
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
Is there an Eat-anything-you-want-and-not-gain-weight super power?
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Probably sit around all day watching old Katherine Hepburn movies eating nothing but chocolate – ooh, maybe the Katherine Hepburn brownies – perfect! ;-)
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
I don’t know if this counts, but once my husband’s friends invited us over for dinner and served frozen lasagna and leftover biscuits from breakfast the day before. Never really had lasagna and biscuits before…
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
Oooh, I don’t know! Probably one of those nice built-in wine chiller cabinet things
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Determined, opinionated, motivated
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Black Pepper. All the time.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I used to tell people that I wanted to be a Technologist when I grew up. I never, and still to this day, really, have no idea what a technologist is. It sounded smart and dramatic, so I went with it.