Today we are going to learn all about Holly.
Holly picked today’s 15 Minute Magic Chocolate Amaretti Torte.
Holly is funny, passionate about her food, and her photographs are fabulous, and I always look forward to reading her blog.
1. When did you start baking?
I started baking with my Mom when I was probably 7. I remember making Christmas cookie plates to take to friends and neighbors as probably my first baking memories.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
This is a tough one for me because I have so many favorites. If I had to pick one tool though that I couldn’t live without it would probably have to be my digital scale. My Dad gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago and it has been amazing to have.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
Well, I would have to say favorites actually. I’m so inspired by everyone who dedicates the time and effort to bake each week and put their experience out there. I am probably most inspired by our fearless leader who is the genius behind this group, Laurie, for all the time, effort and heart I know she puts into this, and by Dorie herself for always being around to help us all out!
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
This is a really tough one for me. If I had to choose just one then it would probably be the Lenox Almond Biscotti. I think I have made that recipe five or six times now. If I could choose more than one though, I would have to add that the Gooey Chocolate Cakes rock and I crave those often… but refrain from making them too much!
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
Oh, me and the French Chocolate Brownies. We so didn’t get along. It was such a fiasco for me. I don’t blame the recipe though, I think I had major oven temp issues at the time. I haven’t been able to bring myself to try again though since I bombed on them three times.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The Chocolate Pecan Pie. I can’t wait to make that one!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I am going to cop out just a little and say Europe. If I had a full year I would have to spend it going all over Europe. France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy. I couldn’t pick just one, I want to see them all!
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
At the risk of repeating others answers, I would open a little cafe/bakery. I have it all figured out in my mind and know exactly what I want it to be. Someday I plan to go for it, but probably not until the kidlets are both in school.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
I don’t know if it could be considered a superpower or not, but I think I would want the ability to have magic. I think it would be awesome to be like Samantha on Bewitched. How fun would that be?
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Spa Day. I would so hook myself up with a perfect spa day. Relaxing massage, good food, maybe a nap in the afternoon, maybe a little book reading under a tree on a warm day. Definitely something amazing like that.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Honestly, nothing too strange. I am a total chicken. I just can’t do it. I am picky and I’m fine with that. Possibly the strangest thing I’ve ever been served was a baked potato with scrambled eggs and tomato soup on top of it though. But I still wouldn’t eat it.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
A huge Wolf stove complete with indoor grill and griddle. Either that or I would have a brick oven.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Dreamer, Dork, Sarcastic
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Fresh nutmeg. I love grating fresh nutmeg and sneaking it into stuff. I think that everyone should buy nutmeg nuts and try using it fresh at least once because it is nothing like the pre-ground bottled stuff.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Funny enough, I wanted to be a Baker, Restaurant Owner or writer. I haven’t changed much, but I’m not there quite yet.