Kim picked today’s Chocolate Cream Tart.
Which is totally fabulous by-the-way.
Kim has such lovely photographs.
Let’s learn more about Kim.
1. When did you start baking?
I actually didn’t really bake much until I started my blog! I think the only things I had made from scratch before that were a batch of brownies and some banana bread. I am very process-oriented, though (I’m a computer programmer), so I think that translates well to baking.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
My KitchenAid stand mixer!
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
The list would be too long to write here! I am still awed at the amount people who are dedicated to TWD and bake every week.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Definitely the creme brulee. Simple and delicious!
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
I’m going to have to say the scones, not because it’s a bad recipe, just because of my own tastes.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia :) That was my 2nd choice.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
Italy! Specifially, Tuscany. I spent three months in Siena during college, and it was amazing.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
I would be a professional photographer ;) I am actually shooting a wedding this summer and I would really love to get into that business.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
There are so many awesome ones to pick from… but I’m going to have to go with a classic: I want to be able to fly.
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I would probably sleep in, then bake some brownies and eat them all while watching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (shout out to Cathy from Tortefeasor!!)
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Beef aspic. I am not a very adventurous eater, but when I was in Siena, I had to eat everything my host mother served. I was really freaked out when she served the beef aspic, because I had never even heard of anything like it before.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Fun-loving, dedicated, curious
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Vanilla. Does that even count? ;)
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I actually did a project about this in 6th grade, and I wanted to be a calligrapher. (I am a terrible calligrapher, hehe.)