Megan describes her blog, My Baking Adventures, as “Finding the meaning of life through my mixer, along with mixed ramblings of my life”. Megan certainly is busy, as I noticed when I started going through her blog one category after another. She’s involved with more cooking and baking groups than I’ve seen in a long time! Daring Bakers, Barefoot Bloggers, Sweet Melissa Sundays, Tyler Florence Fridays, OBG, and of course, TWD among other projects… like her kids and dogs!
Megan says, “Today, I feel like the most popular kid in school – because this week, I got to choose the recipe for TWD.” And she’s right! This week, Megan chose Tiramisu Cake, which obviously from all the comments, was a very wise choice, indeed making her the most popular girl with her peeps at TWD! Go take a peek at My Baking Adventures, and see what Megan’s been up to. You won’t be disappointed. AND, if that’s not enough, Megan also has another blog called The Brownie Project! Clearly, this girl has serious chocolate issues ;-)
1. When did you start baking?
I think I was about 6 or 7. I started by cutting out and decorating cookies with my mom every Christmas. When I was 10 I made a cake by myself from “The Joy Of Cooking” – it was a rainbow cake. My brothers ate it, so it must have been edible.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
My two dishwashers. They are my BFF’s.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
I don’t have a particular favorite, but I have to say I owe the most to Laurie, our founder. Without her, I never would have been able to figure out Gmail, the feed reader, updated blog rolls, and avatars! She is always patient and informative while helping me navigate cyberspace.
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Anything with chocolate. Seriously. Cakes, pie, brownies – I’m an equal opportunity chocolate lover.
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
I try not to think about anything being a dud, we all have our likes / dislikes and every recipe is a learning experience. Wait, that sounded like a politician wrote it.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
I had to get the book to answer this one. The tarte noire – it’s chocolate and cream in a pastry crust. That’s my idea of heaven.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I’d go live on the beach, drink mango smoothies all day, and watch the waves come in. Jet-ski when I felt like it. Maybe take up surfing. Oh, and I’d get rockin’ tan while I was at it.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
See the answer to #7
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
Be able to eat chocolate all day and never gain weight. Why not?
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
This is an easy one. I’d sit by the pool, read a book from start to finish, and nap between chapters. And there would be daiquiris involved.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Eel at the sushi bar. I try not to visualize it while I’m eating. Although my mother tricked me into eating shark once.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
I wouldn’t buy anything for the kitchen – I’d buy a Ferrari.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Dependable, honest (sometimes to a fault), and practical. But that applies to almost every mother!
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Vanilla. And cinnamon.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Believe it or not, I wanted to be a nurse.