Hey fellow Tuesday With Dorriers.
Today were going to find out more about Tracy.
Tracey chose the delightful Cinnamon Squares.
Thanks Tracey for such a great pick.
Enjoy her gorgeous photography, she is great.
1. When did you start baking?
I probably helped my mom or grandmother in the kitchen occasionally growing up, but I didn’t really start baking until I bought a house 2 years ago. Having more space finally enabled me to unpack the kitchen-related wedding gifts and start using them!
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
It’s so hard to pick just one but I’d probably have to say my KA mixer. I really can’t imagine baking anywhere near as much as I do without one.
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
One look at my Google Reader and you’d see I have a lot of favorites! I really enjoy the blogs that are humorous or have witty commentary. That said, I think all of the TWD bakers are pretty fantastic!
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
Tough call – probably either the devil’s food white out cake or the chocolate malted whopper drops. Loved both of them, though the chocolate malted whopper drops were a huge surprise as I didn’t expect to enjoy them like I did.
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
I don’t like custards and puddings so those recipes haven’t been my favorites. No offense to Dorie – they’re just not my thing in general.
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
Any of the apple recipes – I adore baked apples. I was going to say Russian Grandmothers’ Apple Pie-Cake but just saw that it was chosen before I joined the group. I’ll definitely be making that this fall.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
That’s a difficult question. There are plenty of places I imagine would be amazing to live for a year but having never visited most of them I can’t say for sure. I’d want to visit before I commit to a year :) Right now, a cottage on a white sand beach in the Caribbean overlooking crystal clear blue water sounds good.
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
Hmmmm, I’m going to avoid the obvious “open a bakery” and say I’d love to open a travel agency. Planning vacations is one of my absolute favorite things to do and I’m always dreaming of the next place I want to visit. I think it’d be really fun to help other people plan their vacations.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
I’d love to have control over the elements/weather. I live in New England where we have four distinct seasons and I love all of them but I wish I could control which days would be snowy, rainy, sunny, etc.
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I’d grab a book and head to the beach for the day. I find it virtually impossible to read these days as I’m always distracted by TV or the internet. After I left the beach I’d stop at the store, get some fresh, local ingredients and make a fantastic dinner.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
I tried both goat and kangaroo recently. Those were pretty unusual, I thought. For the record, I didn’t really enjoy either of them.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
I’d hire someone to wash all of my dishes for the rest of my life! I despise washing dishes.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Shy, Playful, Forgetful
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Does vanilla count as a spice? If not, salt.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Wow, I have no idea. I don’t specifically recall anything in particular I really wanted to be when I was a kid.