Hi fellow TWD’ers.
Today we are going to learn all about Jessica from My Baking Heart.
Jessica picked today’s Parisian Apple Tartlets.
I just loved these tartlets.
Thanks so much for picking this week.
I helped my mom off and on when I was younger, but I didn’t really become obsessed with it until about 2 years ago. Yes, I said obsessed.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
Bertha, my Ice Blue KASM. She and I have been through a lot…
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
I have hundreds of favorites, and I absolutely love the photos on a few specific blogs, but I don’t want to hurt any feelings. I’ll just say that ‘My Baking Heart’ is my favorite… :)
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
The Pumpkin Muffins & the Granola Grabbers. Fall is my absolute favorite season and these two recipes made Autumn ’08 even better!
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
Oh, my… the Two-fer Pie and the French Pear Tart. The Two-fer Pie wouldn’t even come out of the pie plate and the tart crust burned to a crisp, resulting in a very ugly little tart. :(
6. Which recipe are you dying to make that no one has picked yet?
The Cranberry-Lime Galette… I went back and forth between this and the Apple Tartlet!!
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I’d move back to Fort Worth in a heartbeat. Or Santa Fe… I love it out there.
8. If you knew you could try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
I’d open my own wedding/event planning business or enroll at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
Mind reading… so that I could know what everyone’s thinking about me when my back’s turned. :)
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I’d definitely get a massage, first thing. Maybe a little retail therapy (preferably antique shopping) with a Decaf Americano. Then I’d grab a good book and head out to the lake to read.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Sehk-wee-bvee (Sec-wee-vee)… a Native American dish which consists of cow or buffalo intestines stuffed with meat. And no, even though I’m 3/8 Comanche, I didn’t like it.
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
A 21st century oven… preferably a double, with a warming drawer.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
Thoughtful, silly & devoted.
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
Cinnamon. Om nom nom.
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An athletic trainer for the Texas Rangers… and I came close, but only got as far as the Advertising Department!