Let’s say hello to Beth of Supplicious this week. Beth obviously loves chocolate, so it was no surprise that she decided on Dorie’s Chipster-Topped Brownies, which by the way, were out of this world! Beth is a dedicated Dorie groupie, who completed an astonishing 40+ TWD recipes so far! Not only does Beth bake with TWD, she also participates in Craving Ellie in my Belly. Another truly incredible fete was her month long blogging marathon with NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).
Beth says, “I am married and living in NYC. My husband and I both love to cook. He is often much more creative than I am but I’m finding a love of food and cooking within me. I prefer baking, it is much more of an exact science.” A baker and a chef creating in the same home – her kitchen must smell absolutely divine with all that baking and cooking going on! So, take some time to check out Supplicious for a recipe, a delicious photo and show her some TWD love!
1. When did you start baking?
I called my mom to help me answer this question. Apparently, I started around age 2! She would measure out the ingredients and hand them to me in my high chair for me to dump into the mixing bowl. I then began baking on my own around 7 or 8.
2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
my Kitchen-Aid mixer
3. Which TWD blog is your favorite?
I don’t think I have a favorite. I envy those that have to time to bake faithfully every week. I also envy those with great photography!
4. What has been your favorite TWD recipe so far?
I’m partial to the carrot cake since that was my first recipe with the group. I am also a big fan of the french chocolate brownies and grandma’s sugar cookies.
5. What TWD recipe has been a dud for you?
anything with a pastry cream, its one skill I seem to have a very hard time with
6. Which recipe are you dieing to make that no one has picked yet?
I look forward to monthly list and can’t wait to see what we are baking every month.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?
I’m pretty content right where I am but I would love to visit Europe; I just don’t think I would want to stay for a year
8. If you knew could you try anything and not fail (and money was no object), what would you attempt?
I would start my own photography business or my own cafe, its a toss up
9. If you could have a superpower, which one would it be, and why?
I spend my day traveling in a car for my job and sitting in traffic; some days I wish I could just telaport from one place to the next
10. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I would spend the day at a spa getting a massage and a pedicure, two of my favorite ways to relax.
11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
I am not very adventurous when it comes to food but I did have moose sausage while on a trip to Alaska
12. What kitchen tool would you purchase for yourself if money were no object?
I would love a new stove/oven.
13. Give us three adjectives to describe yourself.
I am very detail-oriented, nurturing, humorous.
14. What spice do you use over and over again?
15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to become a teacher.